Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mother Nature

“While in the midst of nature, keep your eyes, ears and most importantly, your soul open.” This is something that I always tell and always make a point to practice as well. My wife and my friends often ask me, “How is it that you stay awake throughout the journey?” I often shoot back a question to them, “How can you doze off?”
I for one feel that Mother Nature has so much to offer, in terms of resources and pleasures as well. Shut down your computers, shut down your troubles, shut down those deadlines, shutdown those pending bills and come to Mother Nature and just see how She will embrace you!
Ever seen a bird in flight? You might feel it is a stupid question. Of course everyone has. But have you seen a bird in flight when you too were traveling with it? Well, I have been fortunate enough to witness one of those rare flights. On a train journey, when every other companion of mine had gone to Sleepsville, I stood at the door gazing out at Her. The train was slowing down and a few meters away from the train a stork took off in flight. For one moment I did not realize what was happening. The bird was flapping its wings, but it was going nowhere. It was like a man on a treadmill, running but reaching nowhere. The white bird contrasted against the dark green grass, the graceful wing movements, the strong yet subtle flapping of the wings, the outstretched neck pointing towards its nest, WOW, for one moment there was nothing else around me. It was just me, the bird, grass and that someone else whose presence was not to be forgotten. It was Her way of rewarding me for staying awake. It was Her gift to me for having kept the appointment with Her. The train slowed down further and the bird took off. The train’s whistle brought me back to this world.
I have seen the same thing many times again, on television, but believe me it was nothing like the original. I always try to describe what I felt that day, but unfortunately, words always fail me. Guys try to keep your appointment with Her, for She is the most soothing person you would have ever met!

No comments:

Post a Comment