Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Exams and Results

Happened to read Aamir Khan's blog about SSC results in the below link.

http://www.aamirkhan.com/blog/login.php?topicid=709

Reminded me of what my dad did when I was in Medical School.I had failed in the BioChemistry exams. That for a person who had never gotten a rank below the 2nd place throughout my schooling career and a rank among a 1000 in competitive exams was tough to digest.

I did not want to hide the results and told my parents on what had happened. My mom started shouting the roof off the house. Dad just came by and put a hand on my shoulder. He said, "Son,if I scold you or punish you, you might think that you have been punished for a mistake and feel clean. The chances are you will repeat the same mistake again. I will not speak about this again and don't give me a chance to speak to you like this again." That did it. I was so lost for words and the guilt of letting them down overwhelmed me. I kept my promise and so did my dad. I never gave him a chance to speak to me about results again.

Whatever happens, Dad's are dad's and they are great. Love you Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment